Silver Acorn & District Award of Merit nominations are due to Mr. Drawz by March 25
Each Unit in our district is strongly encouraged to submit a nomination for this special award. It is intended to recognize a volunteer who has helped assure his/her unit's success through their tireless effort and commitment. The recipient should have a minimum continuous tenure of one year as a fully trained, registered adult volunteer in a chartered Pack, Troop, Team, Crew, Ship, or District unit. He/she must be actively involved in their unit, showed support for the values of scouting in appearance and his/her actions demonstrated a willingness to help Scouts and Scouters gain leadership skills, and has expressed a desire to continue in the Scouting program
District Award of Merit
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. Nomination Forms are due on or before the February Round Table.
1. A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
2. A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both.
3. Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
4. The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
5. Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
Silver Beaver Award
The Silver Beaver Award is presented for distinguished service to young people within a BSA local council.
- A recipient must be a registered adult member of the BSA
- The award is made for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered Cub Scouters, Scouters, Varsity Scouters, and Venturing leaders
2014 Maramech Hill's District Dinner
A night at the Powel's
When: April 14 at 5:00 pm
Where: OSWEGO PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (1976 Route 25, Oswego, IL 60543).
Cost: $30.00 per person.
What: We will have fellowship and will also be celebrating our district's service to youth by presenting the Silver Acorn and the District Award of Merit Awards to the recipients.
Please register by sending the attached form and ad check made payable to Three Fires counci to the Noris Scout service Center (415 North Second St., St. Charles, IL 60174) Please include the event code 1-6801-178-20 on your check.
Registration is due No later than March 28.